There are so many fantastic books and reference materials out there that graphic designers use on a daily basis for guidance, education, and inspiration. So many in fact that Jean Peterson Design decided to introduce the JPD Book of the Month blog post. Once a month a JPD Creative will blog about one of their favorite books. Much like a book club, our goal is to reveal what inspires us and to spark discussions about these books and others that you the reader might suggest to us.
JPD Creative, Lisa Gorham, introduces the first JPD Book of the Month pick...
The first JPD Book of the Month pick was a tough decision, but in the end I went with my first choice. As a huge Photoshop junkie, I chose The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers a MUST for Photoshop users. Recently we upgraded to Creative Suite 5 (CS5) so I have yet to upgrade my CS3 copy of this book but after writing this blog, it has encouraged the purchase. Among others staple references, you'll find this guide on my desk at ALL times for the following reasons:
- Clean layout and design
- Simplistic instructions for Photoshop users of all levels
- The often-referenced tips and tricks are separated out into logical chapters
- Considering the nature of the guide, it is of course a full-color publication
- White space!!
According to KelbyTrianing.com, this guide is the #1 bestselling Photoshop book in the world and the updated CS5 edition includes:
- How to color correct any photo in just three clicks with the included gray card.
- How to master CS5's new Content-Aware Fill.
- Processing High Dynamic Range (HDR) images using CS5's new Merge to HDR Pro.
- How to take advantage of all the new Camera Raw features to process RAW images
like a pro.
- A special bonus chapter with Kelby's own Photoshop CS5 workflow.
- Plus, shortcuts, workarounds, "insider" tricks, and killer tips to send your productivity through the roof!